To fulfill a long demand of IBBL Debit Cardholders to enable them for making transactions (ATM, POS & eCommerce) in both BDT and USD currency, IBBL is going to launch “VISA International Dual Currency Platinum Debit Card” against IBBL eligible deposit accounts i.e. Al-Wadiah Current Account & Mudaraba Savings Account etc. against their individual travel quota or any approved limit as per Bangladesh Bank guideline.
It is mentionable here that international transactions using the card will be guided & followed by “Guidelines for Foreign Exchange Transactions (GFET) Vol-1, 2018” & “FE Circulars” issued by “Foreign Exchange Policy Department of Bangladesh Bank”.
Objectives of “IBBL Dual Currency Platinum Debit Card”
The Objectives of “IBBL Dual Currency Platinum Debit Card” are as under:
• To meet up the international transactional requirements of the valued deposit clients of the Bank.
• To retain IBBL existing customers and include new customers.
Features of “IBBL Dual Currency Platinum Debit Card”
The features of “IBBL Dual Currency Platinum Debit Card” are as under:
• Both BDT & USD currency is available for local & international transaction.
• No risk of carrying cash foreign currency when cardholder is travelling abroad.
• Card holder can withdraw cash from ATM & can do POS transaction from any VISA branded ATM or merchant respectively across the world.
• No need to load FC amount in the card separately, but foreign currency will be used as per Bangladesh Bank guidelines and will be settled automatically with cardholder deposit account.
• Balance enquiry service will be provided from the call centre and internet Banking. No fees will be charged for providing this service. The Fees & Charges/Commissions of “IBBL Dual Currency Platinum Debit Card” is given below: