IBBL iBanking: Awareness on phishing emails. Dear Customer, Asslamu alaikum. Recently IBBL found that our customers are receiving phishing emails from hackers where they asked to click on a link for KYC Update. Please keep in mind, we never ask for any information update in emails and we don’t send emails in Bangla. Never trust those emails and don’t click on any link in emails which might compromise your profile.
✔️ In an effort to further enhance our cyber defenses, we want to highlight a common cyber-attack that everyone should be aware of ? phishing.
✔️ “Phishing” is the most common type of cyber attack that affects Internet banking users. Phishing attacks can take many forms, but they all share a common goal ? getting you to share sensitive information such as login credentials, credit card information, or bank account details.
What You Can Do
To avoid these phishing schemes, please observe the following email best practices:
- We will never send links in email, so never click on links even if you see our email address as sender.
- Do not click on links or attachments from senders that you do not recognize. Be especially wary of .zip or other compressed or executable file types.
- Do not provide sensitive personal information (like usernames, passwords, TPIN) over email.
- Watch for email senders that use suspicious or misleading domain names.
- Inspect URLs carefully to make sure they?re legitimate and not imposter sites.
- Do not try to open any shared document that you?re not expecting to receive.
- If you can?t tell if an email is legitimate or not, please ignore.
- Be especially cautious when opening attachments or clicking links if you receive an email containing a warning banner indicating that it originated from an external source.
- Please use latest version of safe browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari etc. Always type https://ibblportal.
islamibankbd.com in browser for accessing iBanking. Thanks again for helping to keep us safe from these cyber threats.
Thanks & Message from
IBBL iBanking Team