The City Bank Limited is one of the most leading bank in the private banking sector in Bangladesh. Recently, The City Bank Limited has been published new job circular for job seekers. You must have to apply before December 07, 2020.
Post: Assistant Manager/ Manager, Shari’ah Audit, Internal Control & Compliance Division
• Vacancy: Not specific
• Employment Status: Full-time
• Workplace: Work at office
• Job Location: Dhaka
• Educational Requirements: Min 4 years of graduate degree from any university
• Experience Requirements: At least 2 year(s)
• Apply Procedure: Click Here for Apply
• Application Deadline: 7 Dec 2020
• The primary responsibility of the role is to carryout effective Shari`ah audits as the team member under the supervision of the Head of Shari`ah Audit at the branches and head office divisions, departments, units, operation and core risk areas of the bank as per annual audit plan or as per instruction of Head of Shari`ah.
• Other key responsibilities of the role include – adding value and improving bank`s operations through his/her objective oriented activities and consultancies, helping bank to accomplish objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of Shari`ah risk Management, control and governance processes.
• Act as a team member while conducting Shari’ah audit of branches and head office divisions, departments, units, operation and Shari’ah risk areas of the bank and ensure completion of the Shari’ah audit work timely and effectively.
• Assist the Head of Shari’ah Audit to conduct effective and comprehensive Shari’ah audit or investigation is an independent, objective assurance and consulting manner designed to add Shari’ah value and improve the bank’s operations.
• Prepare report on the Shari’ah audit findings/facts uncovered during the course of Shari’ah audit and submit to team lead the Head of Shari’ah Audit. Prior to reporting these findings, ensure verification of all facts and findings substantiated with appropriate evidence.
• Support the Head of Shari’ah Audit to obtain the necessary assistance of personnel in all branches/divisions of the bank where they perform Shari’ah audits/inspection as well as other specialized services from within or outside the bank.
• Complete the Shari’ah audit/inspection tasks on individual audit or inspection program in an effective manner covering all the auditable areas and prepare report within 15 days (except for items that need to be escalated immediately).
• Prepare engagement letter for the branch/division up to two weeks before the commencement of the Shari’ah audit including details of subject, objectives, scope, staffing and timing of the audit.
• Assist the Head of Shari’ah Audit in holding entrance meeting with the branch/division prior to the commencement of the audit and discuss on details of scope of the audit and any major issues and seeks management’s input of any areas of concern.
• During fieldwork, gather evidence in order to determine the status of operations and controls within a particular area, which will be the basis for the auditor’s conclusions about the audit assignment.
• Document the audit work properly in the working papers by recording the information obtained and include sufficient information to support the basis for findings and recommendations.
• Ensure that the documentation or working papers for Shari’ah audit is completely collected, filed and indexed.
• Identify Shari’ah lapses in transaction process those may cause direct/indirect financial loss.
• At least 2 years of relevant work-experience in Shari’ah department of Islamic bank/financial institutes.
• Shari’ah Risk Certification, Compliance/Statutory Knowledge.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Highly flexible with a strong commitment to deadlines.
• Good understanding of audit concepts & techniques.
• Strong Computing Skills, Excel, PPT, Word etc.
• Multitasking ability.
• Adequate Communication skills in Arabic & English Language.
• Propound value of Shari’ah judgment and be results oriented to ensure sound implementation of Shari’ah audit and inspection.
• Proactive and team building ability.
• Demonstrating ethics and integrity.
• Problem solving capacity.
Source: BD Jobs